About Today's "Dad's Eye View" Column

It isn't being published until tomorrow. My editors decided to change the schedule to Wednesday and Friday from now on. So, if you stopped by this morning and wondered why I wrote the exact same article as last Friday, it is because it is the same article. So, now your Wednesdays will be extra special with a dose of my parenting column.

As for your Tuesday, you'll just have to find something else to do now.

Like watch a video of a kitten standing up to a big dog.



Or maybe watch the music video of the song that was the number one hit on the day I was born.



This is Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life", and I have to admit to feeling a little ripped off after I discovered my wife's birth date shares the day with the much cooler number one hit of The Knack's "My Sharona".



There, you can now consider yourself appropriately distracted for the day.

Comments

  1. Karen Lee3:07 pm

    You guys are lucky. Mine is "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers. I can't believe I was born the week Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" fell off the top of the charts. Well, I'm okay with "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel, number one hit in the UK that week. It's probably why I prefer British music. Those Brits know their stuff. Strange coincidence is that it's the theme song for the film Watership Down. Ask your wife about our history with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like the Doobie Brothers and have fond childhood memories of "What a Fool Believes." I'd have been happy with that being my birth song rather than a song that I barely remember and is covered in a thick layer of sap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment