[NSFW] The Greatest R-Rated Children's Book Read by Samuel L. Jackson

I discovered Adam Mansbach's "children's" book, Go the Fuck to Sleep, one day when I was browsing for a gift for Emily.  This was before we had Everett.  Even then I recognized the genius of this tale.  I am not sure if I ever laughed so loudly in a book store before or since.

Now that I am a parent and have had those nights that will never end, I realize how amazing the book really is.  I am sort of jealous that I didn't write it first.  But I've only been a parent for 6 months, so it really wouldn't have felt authentic if I tried such an endeavour.  The book is awesome, even if I didn't write it.

The book has now become even more awesome because it has been narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.  There really isn't a better narrator possible for this book.  This is now tied for first place for best picture book read by a celebrity.  Easily.

If you've had some long sleepless nights, because your kid refuses to sleep, then you've got to listen to this.  Plus it will give you your Jackson fix for the day.

Comments